Can company file police case, if they think i leaked some information?
My friend who was working in a BPO feels he is likely to be implicated in a false case in his 3 year old job. He was blamed on passing on confidential information out of the company and suddenly one day he was asked to leave his card and stay at home till the company investigated the matter.
He got his salary on time. He called them after 2 months and they said they need more time to settle the matter and kept extending the matter. My friend feels that his password was misused by someone else. He is being mentally harassed by the company.
Can the company file a police case. What should he do?
Send a legal notice to the company demanding immediate action with respect to the pending enquiry against your friend and claiming damages for the mental harassment to which your friend is being subjected to.
Your friend can also claim illegal suspension from work without any reasonable cause and demand that your friend be allowed to represent his case to the higher authorities.
Also, inform in this notice that he suspects that his password is being misused by someone else and that he shall not be liable for any actions committed through this password.
The company shall either allow the same or terminate his services. In the latter case, he can initiate a civil suit for illegal termination.
In case the company finds evidence of the leak of confidential information, then they can file a police case as this would be cyber theft.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- False sexual harassment case filed by a lady what action can we take
- Parents belong to different castes and separated what will be my caste
- If I file a divorce case can my husband deny for divorce ?
- Not allowed to speak to my child.
- In Laws interference in my personal life and threatening me ?