quescan cheque bounce case be filed after 7 months

A person had given me cheque of Rs 8 lacs which bounced . This happened 7 months ago. I had served notice to him within 15 days but he did not receive it. Can I file a cheque bounce case in court now?

• ansYou cant file cheque bounce case now as the validity of a cheque is 3 months. After intimation of dishonour legal notice has to be issued within 1 month. 15 days time period is for drawer to submit reply. The case has to be filed thereafter within 1 month.

• Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only