can cheque bounce case be filed after 7 months
A person had given me cheque of Rs 8 lacs which bounced . This happened 7 months ago. I had served notice to him within 15 days but he did not receive it. Can I file a cheque bounce case in court now?
You cant file cheque bounce case now as the validity of a cheque is 3 months. After intimation of dishonour legal notice has to be issued within 1 month. 15 days time period is for drawer to submit reply. The case has to be filed thereafter within 1 month.
Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Rights of a married woman in fathers property
- Society refusing to issue share certificate due to lack of documents
- What is the procedure to get the name transferred for a flat
- how can i Protect boy in Love Marriage
- Can my wife do second marriage without taking divorce