quesCan a employer transfer employee during notice period of resignation

Hello all please help me I am working in NBFC compny from last 3 years.but now i want leave compny n want to work in banking sector. So i resign from compny with notice of 30 days. I submit my resign on 20 dec 2016 but after 15 days yesterday on 6 jan 2017 company forcefully transfer me to kerala when i am working in jalandhar (punjab). And HR of compny ask work in kerala or leave the compny but compny dont provide me releiving letter. Compny transfer me without any notice. I have 21 leave balance in my account. I complete my 15 days in notice then how a employer transfer of a employee.. for next job i need releiving letter.. can employer destroye my last three year or my carrer ?? Please suggest me what i do ....

  • ansHi
    company cannot force to complete the notice period, only it can ask you to pay as per the clauses to pay for the notice period.
    The company cannot hold you and no legal steps they can come up with in terms of compensation.
    If you don't want an experience letter and your new employment is secured without it, go ahead and take up the new job
    make sure that you tendered your resignation letter with the date applicable.
    legally they can forfeit your basic salary /gross salary. At present don't make nay offer to pay them, just hand over the company assets which are with you.

    Advocate Siddhant Sharma

      Greater Kailash-1, Delhi

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hi sir I kept my originals with the company with 3 years of agreement and…
Hi, I joined a job week ago, company placed me in client company and in…
I have selected for teacher in ordnance factory of center govt.authority disqualified or unfit me…

I was working with a travel company and resigned by giving 18 days notice in…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly