Business by the name of a celebrity.
I just wanted to know that I'm planning to open a business whose I name I have decided. Now the name of the business matches with the surname of one of the biggest sportsperson. Like for e.g. he is as big as Sachin Tendulkar. I want to name my company with that name only. Also the name doesn't exactly matches with the page 3 guy.
I have tweaked one letter from the surname. So my question is that, suppose i start the business and it went well later on after exposure to the crowd, is there a possibility that I will face any legal notices or problems?
Whether there is any other company registered with the same name? In order to avoid legal complications do not register company with a celebrity. If you register company with similar surname the public would be under impression that it is associated with the sports personality. The mentioned personality might move to court and obtain an injunction restraining you from using the his name.
Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- How to change last name in Xth exam certificate and marksheet
- Is evidence necessary to prove sec. 377 between husband and wife
- Landlord forcing old tenants to leave the what are my rights
- dowry and attempt to rape case
- Need more time to pay off my loans how can I apply for it?