Business by the name of a celebrity.
I just wanted to know that I'm planning to open a business whose I name I have decided. Now the name of the business matches with the surname of one of the biggest sportsperson. Like for e.g. he is as big as Sachin Tendulkar. I want to name my company with that name only. Also the name doesn't exactly matches with the page 3 guy.
I have tweaked one letter from the surname. So my question is that, suppose i start the business and it went well later on after exposure to the crowd, is there a possibility that I will face any legal notices or problems?
Whether there is any other company registered with the same name? In order to avoid legal complications do not register company with a celebrity. If you register company with similar surname the public would be under impression that it is associated with the sports personality. The mentioned personality might move to court and obtain an injunction restraining you from using the his name.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What is the procedure for divorce.
- Appeal pending in defect only there to delay my claim what can i do
- How can i Appeal in HC for a case against BSES Rajdhani
- Whether future successor having right over ancestor HUF property ?
- how to save myself from criminal case due to company