quesBeing asked to resume work during maternity leave

What is the legally allowed maternity leave? Can employer ask me to work during my maternity leave? It has been 6 weeks since i delivered.

According to the Maternity Benefits Act 1961, you are entitled to 6 weeks of leave before your due date, and 6 weeks after your child's birth. So you can claim at least 12 weeks or three months maternity leave. 

So, if you have delivered 6 weeks back,  so your employer can ask you back to join back.

• ansAccording to the Maternity Benefits Act 1961, you are entitled to 6 weeks of leave before your due date, and 6 weeks after your child's birth. So you can claim at least 12 weeks or three months maternity leave.
    So, if you have delivered 6 weeks back, so your employer can ask you back to join back.

• Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only