Bank issues a notice against a jobless man.
I am a jobless man from Chennai. I was working in a Pvt Company now job less since Sept 2013. I had signed as a Guarantor for my Ex-Colleague for a Loan in a Nationalized Bank. for a Loan of Rs.4.0lacs. He had committed suicide last month. Now the bank had sent me a notice. (am yet to receive the Notice) Even i had taken a loan from the same bank for Rs.1.0 Lac. Still i had to pay Rs,33000/- which is due ever since i am jobless. How to go about? Kindly advise.
The bank can attach your property if it is in your name. In case not you would be held liable for punishment.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Problem from co-sister and father in law. How to go about it
- Husband cheating on me and In laws supporting him what can I do
- Whom should the regular students contact to validate the degree?
- parents against love marriage as partner is muslim
- Didn't receive movie ticket, but INR 400 debited from my bank account