quesBank issues a notice against a jobless man.

I am a jobless man from Chennai. I was working in a Pvt Company now job less since Sept 2013. I had signed as a Guarantor for my Ex-Colleague for a Loan in a Nationalized Bank. for a Loan of Rs.4.0lacs. He had committed suicide last month. Now the bank had sent me a notice. (am yet to receive the Notice) Even i had taken a loan from the same bank for Rs.1.0 Lac. Still i had to pay Rs,33000/- which is due ever since i am jobless. How to go about? Kindly advise.

  • ansThe bank can attach your property if it is in your name. In case not you would be held liable for punishment.

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

I have selected for teacher in ordnance factory of center govt.authority disqualified or unfit me…

I am software developer in an It Company. I left my previous company without serving…

I joined a bank last year. Initial posting was in Delhi but thereafter patna. Since…

I have been working in a private University as a permanent employee on probation from…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly