quesBank froze father's a/c due to non repayment of loan

I took a loan in 2001 but i could not find a job that could give me much to repay the loan. My mother was repaying the loan on my behalf since she was the guarantor. She passed away a few months back, thus the bank froze my father's account. I don't live with my father. Can the bank really freeze the account like that. I still don't have enough money to pay the bank.

  • ansIf your father is not the guarantor and if the said account is not a joint account with your mother, then the Bank cannot freeze his account. In fact, the Bank can not freeze any account. They can appropriate the amount lying in the said account for realization of dues, if permitted.

    If in case, your father has got some property/asset from your mother, then the bank can recover that.

    Your father can challenge the action of bank and seek defreezing.

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

we worked for outsourcing company we signed one scanned 20rs black and white stamp paper…
i am a contract employee in chd admn. likely to go on maternity leave next…
Hello sir, i have signed an agreement or bond with a company as a trainee…

I have been working with a start up for 4 months. Joined them in July…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Vipin Kumar Malhotra

  Saket Court Complex
 Experience: 18 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Vivek Mapara

  Suramya Complex
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly