Bank froze father's a/c due to non repayment of loan
I took a loan in 2001 but i could not find a job that could give me much to repay the loan. My mother was repaying the loan on my behalf since she was the guarantor. She passed away a few months back, thus the bank froze my father's account. I don't live with my father. Can the bank really freeze the account like that. I still don't have enough money to pay the bank.
If your father is not the guarantor and if the said account is not a joint account with your mother, then the Bank cannot freeze his account. In fact, the Bank can not freeze any account. They can appropriate the amount lying in the said account for realization of dues, if permitted.
If in case, your father has got some property/asset from your mother, then the bank can recover that.
Your father can challenge the action of bank and seek defreezing.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Uncle trying take property given to me but I have no papers
- After 6 years of service am I eligible for bonus after termination
- Untill larger bench gives decision divisional's decision is valid?
- ownership of property distribution among children
- Real Sister wants to transfer property to me. Best manner to do it?