Approver for departmental promotions
I am a Banker against whom a CBI case was pending in which I was A2. Due to which my promotions were held up. Then I filed a CMP for becoming an approver and prosecution supported my petition and Hon.Spl.Judge of the CBI Court tendered me pardon u/s 5(2) of The Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988 which was accepted by me. I have submitted the copy of the court order to my employer and requested them to note the same in their records. I was due for departmental promotion but the bank's vigilance department has not cleared my name for promotion saying that though I was made an Approver the case is still pending in the court. Whether the bank's stand is correct or whether I am eligible for promotion. What is my status in the case am I an accused or witness?
Though you have turned approver, technically you are still an accused person. In that context the bank can withheld your promotion till the trial is completed and the accused persons gets convicted resulting in your acquittal. However you may try your luck in the meantime by applying before the CAT.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What are the rights of wife and daughter in husband's property
- Husband died. What rights do i have on his and ancestral property?
- can i live in with my gf after 1st motion in divorce
- How do I claim title of share in Shamlat land?
- Is it safe to buy a plot craved out of temple inam land