Amount in my pension account be handed over
I am a pensioner and my account is in a PSU bank. They have withheld some money in my account without any sort of communication. I have sent an email to the branch. They called me and told that excess pension is being drawn (The 20% increase in pension when the pensioner's age is 80 years is reported as drawn when i am 78).
Looks like they are not aware of the concordance table and the OM that was issued i Jan 2013 that addressed to the issues pertaining to the pre 2006 and pre- 1996 pensioners like me. My query is whether the branch can hold money in my account without notice and without giving me copies of the documents that they relied on in coming to the conclusion. Can I sue the bank as well as the persons involved in this matter as I need to put in unnecessary effort to prove them wrong. Kindly let me know the laws that are relevant to me including any free links to download them.
Try to settle the matter amicably with the bank. This will require you to make a representation to the higher echelons of the bank. If this does not produce the desired result then issue a legal notice to the bank.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- joint owner will electricity connection to single owner?
- No amenities as promised by builder what can I do
- how to save from Cheque Bounce Case if there is no money n no property
- Legal right for sister over the brother's property?
- Need to change my lawyer.