quesAm I liable for salary if company terminates me

I have been working at a private company for 1 1/2 years now as a fulltime employee, and since there are no new projects , they asked me to wait at home till one comes. During this period am I entitled to a salary ? Am I not supposed to get a months salary upon termination? And since they have not terminated me, if I get a job in another company, how am I supposed to complete my notice period?

  • ans

    This would entirely depend on the terms of your contract with the employer. If you are working under a private business then your services may be terminated as provided for in the contract. Do ensure all communication with your employer is in writing. Feel free to get in touch if we could be of any further assistance to you.

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

I have already resigned from my company.so I know it would take 45 days but…
Sir i had contract with the company for one month notice period,company terminated my services…
Joined as vice president operation in nasik, maharashtra and within a week of joining got…

I have joined a company five months back, last month they have asked me to…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Riddhi Shah

  Borivali East
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Vivek Mapara

  Suramya Complex
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly