Am I liable for salary if company terminates me
I have been working at a private company for 1 1/2 years now as a fulltime employee, and since there are no new projects , they asked me to wait at home till one comes. During this period am I entitled to a salary ? Am I not supposed to get a months salary upon termination? And since they have not terminated me, if I get a job in another company, how am I supposed to complete my notice period?
This would entirely depend on the terms of your contract with the employer. If you are working under a private business then your services may be terminated as provided for in the contract. Do ensure all communication with your employer is in writing. Feel free to get in touch if we could be of any further assistance to you.
Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Case wrongly registered on my friend and he is in jail.
- Married again after divorce. Can i register the marriage again?
- Right of mother and children in father's property
- I didn't serve notice period employer is mentally harassing me
- Clarification regarding the maternity law for female employees