quesAm i entitled to salary for the work done during the notice period?

On termination by my employer with 30 days' notice, can I insist on one month's salary and then leave my job immediately? I would also want the employer to pay all other dues.


  • ans


    On termination by your employer with 30 days' notice, you are entitled to salary for the period for which you have worked and can ask for one month's salary. All will depend on the terms / conditions of your letter of appointment.


    You are also entitled to all statutory dues such PF, gratuity, bonus etc as well as other benefits admissible to you according to the law.


    We would not suggest claiming the 30 days' payable salary and leaving the job immediately as no employer would process an advance salary for the notice period and under most circumstances it gets processed with the Full & Final settlement post your last working day. 


    Said this, even if you are able to get your salary advance and do not complete the desired notice period tenure, your company can recover the advance paid under various legal provisions.


  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

Dear sir/mam, I already resigned on 21-11-2016 and my last working day is 20-12-2016, and…
My husband working as a production manager in world wide diamonds. Some of the people…
dear sir I worked as a loss prevention executive at walmart india pvt ltd from…

I have been working as divisional manager HR and resigned on 13th August 2015 and…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly