Am i entitled to salary for the work done during the notice period?
On termination by my employer with 30 days' notice, can I insist on one month's salary and then leave my job immediately? I would also want the employer to pay all other dues.
On termination by your employer with 30 days' notice, you are entitled to salary for the period for which you have worked and can ask for one month's salary. All will depend on the terms / conditions of your letter of appointment.
You are also entitled to all statutory dues such PF, gratuity, bonus etc as well as other benefits admissible to you according to the law.
We would not suggest claiming the 30 days' payable salary and leaving the job immediately as no employer would process an advance salary for the notice period and under most circumstances it gets processed with the Full & Final settlement post your last working day.
Said this, even if you are able to get your salary advance and do not complete the desired notice period tenure, your company can recover the advance paid under various legal provisions.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Redressal of grievances from Delhi University.
- can husband demand maintenance
- Can i claim share in mother's property after giving my share to sister
- cheating wife asking for divorce-husband refusing
- I am afraid that my Inlaws can harass me after marriage what to do