quesAm i eligible for gratuity if I completed around 5 yrs in my company?

Am I eligible for Gratuity benefits If I have completed 4 years and 8 months in my company? I am working in a Infrastructure company operating pan India.


Kindly advise.


  • ans


    Any employer that has ten or more salaried employees / workers has to provide gratuity to the eligible employees. More likely than not, your company being an Infrastructure company operating pan India would fall under the category wherein it has to provide gratuity to the eligible employees.


    Looking at the eligibility criteria of the employees to get gratuity benefits:


    If in the 5th year of your continous employment with the company, you have completed 240 days, you are eligible and can seek gratuity benefits and if the employer refuses to pay, you can approach the authority under the Payment of Gratuity Act (in most cases it is DLC) of the area with a petition voicing out your concern and writing about the unjust act of your company.


  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

I have been harassing by Commanding Officer (Army) since 9 months and I informed to…
My company closed its Indian operations. It is not willing to compensate me. What can…

I was working with VSNL since 1987 and In 2012, the company terminated a lot…

I was an ex-employee of Harjai Computers Pvt Limited who was deputed to client's location…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly