Am i eligible for gratuity if I completed around 5 yrs in my company?
Am I eligible for Gratuity benefits If I have completed 4 years and 8 months in my company? I am working in a Infrastructure company operating pan India.
Any employer that has ten or more salaried employees / workers has to provide gratuity to the eligible employees. More likely than not, your company being an Infrastructure company operating pan India would fall under the category wherein it has to provide gratuity to the eligible employees.
Looking at the eligibility criteria of the employees to get gratuity benefits:
If in the 5th year of your continous employment with the company, you have completed 240 days, you are eligible and can seek gratuity benefits and if the employer refuses to pay, you can approach the authority under the Payment of Gratuity Act (in most cases it is DLC) of the area with a petition voicing out your concern and writing about the unjust act of your company.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Using neighbours land for 40 years as passage now he is stopping me
- What is the procedure for cheque bounce
- How to get duplicate shares certificate if original misplaced
- Tenant not vacating my flat and not giving rent from 4 month
- Different names in educational certificates procedure to change name