quesAdvocate not fulfilling his duty. Made my case worse. What can I do?

Where and how can I lodge a complaint against Advocates who do not work with honesty and integrity and make life difficult for their clients? I have a civil case pending for land acquisition matter at the Punjab & Haryana High Court.

I engaged a lawyer who did not handle my case and stopped attending the same in between, all of the sudden due to unknown reasons. Moreover, he did not inform me any status even. I had paid him a good amount of fee and was always dealing & requesting him politely. But he did not support and later when I came to know, my case had gone worse & was damaged.

While I suffered bad but had no option, so I transfered my case to another Advocate by paying his fee, but unfortunately the 2nd Advocate is also acting same.

What should I do?

You should lodge a complaint against him before the Bar Council of State stating all the material facts along with necessary evidences. Certainly the concerned Bar Counsel will take action after getting the opportunity of hearing both the parties.

You can visit the following link to understand the procedure for filing the complaint: