Advocate not fulfilling his duty. Made my case worse. What can I do?
Where and how can I lodge a complaint against Advocates who do not work with honesty and integrity and make life difficult for their clients? I have a civil case pending for land acquisition matter at the Punjab & Haryana High Court.
I engaged a lawyer who did not handle my case and stopped attending the same in between, all of the sudden due to unknown reasons. Moreover, he did not inform me any status even. I had paid him a good amount of fee and was always dealing & requesting him politely. But he did not support and later when I came to know, my case had gone worse & was damaged.
While I suffered bad but had no option, so I transfered my case to another Advocate by paying his fee, but unfortunately the 2nd Advocate is also acting same.
What should I do?
You should lodge a complaint against him before the Bar Council of State stating all the material facts along with necessary evidences. Certainly the concerned Bar Counsel will take action after getting the opportunity of hearing both the parties.
You can visit the following link to understand the procedure for filing the complaint:
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Husband of married girlfriend harassing me to give money
- Tenant not paying rent, not cooperating, agreement expired
- Value of Stamp Paper for Rental Agreement of a property in Hyderabad
- In how much time can heirs claim property of the deceased?
- Name changed is it necessary to change signature on every document