quesUAE credit card default can I be put to indian jail

Dear sir. I was working in dubai. That time i was having credit card. During recesation time I lost my job. I could not pay credit card money. Then I left dubai. Last 6 years now i am in India. Now Bank recovery agency or dubai bank can put me in Indian jail?. So. Please me advise.

• ansDear Querist,

The authorities in Dubai has to follow a formal procedure before you they initiate a criminal proceeding against you in India and has to follow the extradition laws.

How did you come to know that they have proceeded against you. Did they write you a letter. If yes then the same has to be replied in a proper manner to rebut their time barred claims.

Please get in touch with all the documents for a detailed legal advice.

Advocate Sohail Haque

High Court, Kolkata