I deleted work because of non payment, now client harassing me. Advise
I am indian and completed 8 project for my foreign client. He made my payment but after one month filed chargeback and all payment reversed. I Contacted Freelancer.com Support and they are saying client filed dispute against his payment source. Client use someone else credit card and make a fruad payment and after sometime it was reversed. So i deleted his all 8 site that completed by me. Now he is mently harrasing me and saying he will file a case against me if i will not fix his site. So tell me please i have all payment revesed and chats and freelancer support screenshot as a proof. Tell me this client from finland and i am from indian. Is he able to make case against me and if he file a case then where he file in india or finland. What type of crime i was made. Because i only delete my work because i didn't get paid. So please answer me.
Hi, it does boil down to the conditions of any contract that you may have had. But that said, he can file a case against you (most likely civil), but he would have to prove his case in court and you should have adequate protection since you were not paid and you should file a counterclaim against him for the amount due + interest + costs of the court proceedings. To file a case here, he would have to hire a lawyer here in India and you would have to as well to defend yourself. I am no aware of the Finnish law in this aspect, but very likely he would not have a case there as you, the intended respondent, lives outside the jurisdiction of Finnish courts.
Advocate Anirban SenMayur Vihar - 1, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the International Law Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What if son-in-law does not include daughter's name in green card form
- Practice & Procedure of high court.
- Vacated the property now landlord asking for 3 months rent
- House constructed on someone else property by mistake. What to do?
- Bank forcing to pay back immediately what can be done