quesInsurance company rejected policy claim. What to do?

Dear sir i had taken group mediclaim policy from a company last year which was given to me by broker . there was 2 claims after taking the policy but bajaj refused to pay the claims and cancelled the policy stating that the policy was been given to employees and the this are not the employees but the members of the group. but in the policy no where it is written that this policy belongs to employees . infact it has written no of members covered . there was no proposal form also filled up at the time of taking the policy . please assist me what to do . i feel cheated on this part.

  • ans

    Medical Group policy can be only granted to an corporate and not to an individual.

    We suggest you to lodge an police complaint at the nearest police station under Section 420 of IPC.

    Further you should also intimate the insurance company regarding the fraud committed on you

  • ansYou can file a consumer complaint against the insurance company before the consumer forum. But to provide appropriate opinion, all the policy documents and the correspondences exchanged with the insurance company, if any, need to be looked into in totality

    Advocate Jiwan Pal Singh

      Tis Hazari Court, Delhi

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Insurance Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Insurance lawyers in India

Similar questions

I have insured by mobile worth 25k , i lost within a year. While travelling…
Am I eligible to get back the one time premium paid, with out any bonus…
My bike which released in supardari is stolen now. Now how to get claim from…
I took an educational loan in government nationalized bank to complete my graduation in engineering.…

Insurance Lawyers in India

Advocate R C Mahajan

  Paschim Vihar
 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Ankita Singh

 Experience: 5 years

Advocate Anurag Garg

 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Jeshma Mohandas

 Experience: 13 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly