Insurance company rejected policy claim. What to do?
Dear sir i had taken group mediclaim policy from a company last year which was given to me by broker . there was 2 claims after taking the policy but bajaj refused to pay the claims and cancelled the policy stating that the policy was been given to employees and the this are not the employees but the members of the group. but in the policy no where it is written that this policy belongs to employees . infact it has written no of members covered . there was no proposal form also filled up at the time of taking the policy . please assist me what to do . i feel cheated on this part.
Medical Group policy can be only granted to an corporate and not to an individual.
We suggest you to lodge an police complaint at the nearest police station under Section 420 of IPC.
Further you should also intimate the insurance company regarding the fraud committed on you
You can file a consumer complaint against the insurance company before the consumer forum. But to provide appropriate opinion, all the policy documents and the correspondences exchanged with the insurance company, if any, need to be looked into in totality
Advocate Jiwan Pal SinghTis Hazari Court, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Insurance Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Bequeathing property by Will wife sold the property
- Relevance of Anticipatory bail after chargesheet has been submitted
- Can I file for maintenance took divorce in 1998
- Seller's cheque bounced how to recover advance paid
- Cancellation of registration of designs under S. 19 of Designs Act.