insurance company absolved from paying damages
A Car insured as package policy in the name of partnership firm consisting of 4 partners wherein one of the partner travelling in the car died. Insurance company has taken a defence that he cannot be paid compensation on the ground that he is joint owner. The tribunal has held that the partnership firm is liable and has absolved the insurance company of its liability and the matter is pending in appeal before karnataka high court. Please advice whether liability can be fixed on insurance company?
Why is a partner in a partnership firm not covered by a package policy when he is using the firm car for firm business purpose? Has the insurance committed deficiency of service by issuing such a policy in the first place? We also need to see what does your car policy says about coverage, who are all covered in your policy as you pay them premium every year before we can advise you on this query.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Insurance Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What to do if wife not willing for divorce
- How can I file for a contested divorce
- Karnataka State Teachers-Employees Welfare Association
- How to get the property registered and what are the holding charges
- Elder brother kept parental property papers not giving to build house