Insurance co. wrongly charged premium despite my refusal to continue
I got a ICICI prudential life policy and I paid a premium in last financial year – Rs.2 lacs. I realized that the policy was not effective and I emailed the bank on 31Dec 2014 that I do not want to continue the policy and they should not charge me the premium for 2015.
They also sent me a acknowledgement email. But they still charged the premium in March this year and are not refunding it now.
What should I do now?
If your money is not being refunded after making requests then,
You can send a legal notice through an advocate to the company demanding your pending dues.
If the company doesn't reply to the notice then a complaint can be filed in the concerned consumer court regarding the same.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Insurance Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What remedy if employer illegally terminates job over phone call?
- Selling NBFC but buyer want to appoint director in back dates
- There is issue in documents pertaining to my name any problem in job
- College shifting to different place can I take TC without paying fees
- From afghanistan and In india for 26 yrs how to apply for citizenship?