×

quesEmployee State insurance facility applicable in central govt. offices?

Whether ESI facilities are applicable in central Govt. offices? Kindly provide clarity on the same as I am a central Govt. employee and feel some disconnect in the policy.

The ESI Act provides that it is applicable to the factories or establishments run by Government as well, however the provisions of the ESI Act are not applicable to factories or establishments, run by the State Governments / Central Government, whose employees are, otherwise, in receipt of social security benefits substantially similar or superior to the benefits provided under the ESI Act. 

The case of each such Public Sector Undertaking, is decided on merit by comparing the quality and quantity of benefits being provided to the employees by the concerned managements, with those admissible under the ESI Act.

We can advise you in detail once we know the exact details of your employment - the division, role, etc. and guide you with the application of ESI facilities accordingly.