Employee State insurance facility applicable in central govt. offices?
Whether ESI facilities are applicable in central Govt. offices? Kindly provide clarity on the same as I am a central Govt. employee and feel some disconnect in the policy.
The ESI Act provides that it is applicable to the factories or establishments run by Government as well, however the provisions of the ESI Act are not applicable to factories or establishments, run by the State Governments / Central Government, whose employees are, otherwise, in receipt of social security benefits substantially similar or superior to the benefits provided under the ESI Act.
The case of each such Public Sector Undertaking, is decided on merit by comparing the quality and quantity of benefits being provided to the employees by the concerned managements, with those admissible under the ESI Act.
We can advise you in detail once we know the exact details of your employment - the division, role, etc. and guide you with the application of ESI facilities accordingly.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Insurance Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Where and what all documents to verify so my land purchase is secure?
- Registered married done now parents doing second marriage what to do
- Want to rebuild HUF property but all the members are not agreeing
- Teacher failing me in exam due to personal grudge what can i do
- What is the procedure to register a public charitable trust.