Accident by son what legal action if unable to pay compensastion
my son hit a motorcycle by car while the motorcycle with along co rider crossed suddenly on highway from the pocket road. They injured.unfortunately the car has no insurance at that time. The car owner was his friend. My son have licence but the bike driver have no licence.we attend court with a lawyer but the car owner not attended any case. The first respondent was the car owner. if the court order a huge amount as a compensation we cant pay. what will happen if we unable to pay the amount and what should be the legal action.my son is only 24 and not got job. there is no property also
Sir I'm sorry but the law doesn't provide any relief against bad driving and if the court has ordered you to pay an amount then the same has to be paid
However u can mitigate the damages to be paid by hiring a competent lawyer and requesting the court to award less compensation and be careful while driving someone else's vehicle the next time
Advocate Aditya GuptaBengali Market, Delhi
First liability to pay the amount of claim amount by the owner himself if there's no insurance coverage and its has to b established that your son was driving the vehicle. Please consentrate on that shift the burden on the other side and shoulders. Let them proved that your son was driving the vehicle as alleged by them. You can take advise from me for proper litigation strategy
Advocate Harsh Kumar GautamBarakhamba Road, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Insurance Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can people with pending civil case join the govt job
- friend not returning money
- How to sell ancestral land in name of father in law and his sister?
- Father bought land but did not get it registered on his name
- Want mutual divorce as we both are not happy with each other