Bangalore Traffic violation Fines and Online payment
In order to pay your fine or Challan online you need to visit the official website of Bangalore traffic police (visit site) and below are the steps elucidated to pay it online.
Bangalore Traffic Police has integrated its traffic violation fines and Challans with its online payment mechanism.
Bangalore traffic police E-Challan payment-
- You will see the below screen at the left hand corner which elucidate three ways by which you can pay the fine.
- You can click on pay violation notice if you have a got traffic police fine which has the notice number and some police officer has given you while breaking any traffic rules in Bangalore. By clicking on the link you will get a pop-up to pay the Challan using your credit card or debit card.
- You can choose the second option if you have violated the parking rule in Bangalore and in the similar way as above you can pay the traffic fines online for Bangalore.
- Last option is to search directly from this and pay it. You need to search using the vehicle number as done above but at the same time you can pay the fine online using the credit or debit card.
Karnataka traffic police has imposed following fines and Challans. We have listed down the detailed traffic offences, section governing the offences and the maximum –minimum penalty associated with the offences.
Bangalore Traffic Police Challans
- Dangerous Drive two wheelers - M.V.Act. 184 - Rs 300
- Dangerous Drive Non-Transport vehicles - M.V.Act. 184- Rs 400
- Dangerous Drive Transport vehicles - M.V.Act. 184- Rs 500
- Racing or High speed driving - M.V.Act. 189- Rs 500
- Drunken Driving - M.V.Act. 185- Court fine
- No Parking - M.V.Act. 177. Rs 100
- Driving without license (Two wheelers) – M.V Act. 181- Rs 300
- Driving without license (Non-transport vehicles) - M.V.Act. 181- Rs 400
- Driving without license (Transport vehicles) - M.V.Act.181- Rs 500
- Underage Drive- M.V.Act. 181- Rs 500
- Jumping Traffic signals- KMV rule 119 read with M.V Act. 177- Rs 100
- Charging Excessive fare or refusal to come for hire- Rule 13 of KMV/ M.V Act.177- Rs 100 to Rs 300
- Defective fare meter- 16 Clause (K) – Rs 100
- Defective Silencer- 16 Clause 120 – Rs 100
- Emitting black smoke- 190 Clause (2) – Rs 100
- Shrill Horne- 190 Clause (2) - Rs 100
- Without Permit- 190 Clause 192- Court Fine
- Wrong Parking- 190 Clause 117- Rs 100
- Cutting Yellow Lane- 190 Clause 119- Rs 100
- Defective Number Plate- 190 Clause 50 – Rs 100
- No Entry- 190 Clause 115- Rs 100
- Footboard Travelling- 94 Clause (2) - Rs 100
- Using mobile phone while driving- Section 230 of KMVR R/W Section 177, I.M.V Act. - Rs 100
- Not wearing helmet- Section 230 of KMVR 1989 in sub rule (1) - Rs 100
- Triple riding- Section 128(1), M.V.Act. R/W Section 177 M.V.Act- Rs 100
Karnataka Police Act & Karnataka Traffic Act
- Footpath Vendor- Section 92 (G) – Court Fine
- Stray Cattle- Section 92 (e) – Court Fine
- No Entry for cycle- Section 92 (b) – Court Fine
- Without light for cycle- Section 92 (a) - Court Fine
- Jay Walker- Rule 6,18 K.T.C.Act- Court Fine
Read the complete Kolkata Traffic Police Case Law Guide by LawRato to stay updated about your motor vehicle rights in Kolkata.
These guides are not legal advice, nor a substitute for a lawyer
These articles are provided freely as general guides. While we do our best to make sure these guides are helpful, we do not give any guarantee that they are accurate or appropriate to your situation, or take any responsibility for any loss their use might cause you. Do not rely on information provided here without seeking experienced legal advice first. If in doubt, please always consult a lawyer.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Wife alleging me of being sexually unfit and asking for unnatural sex.
- How to convert farm land to commercial land
- I don't want to give divorce to my husband what can I do
- How to get our share in ancestral property
- Combined 2 houses into 1. Can they charge me double maintenance?