INDIAN KANOON SECTION 414 IPC - Indian Penal Code - Assisting in concealment of stolen property
Whoever voluntarily assists in concealing or disposing of or making away with property which he knows or has reason to believe to be stolen property, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to three years, or with fine, or with both.
Applicable OffencesAssisting in concealment or disposal of stolen property, knowing it to be stolen
Punishment - 3 Years, or Fine, or Both
This is a Non-Bailable, Cognizable offence and triable by Any Magistrate
This offence is compoundable by The owner of the property stolen .
1.If an offence is cognizable, police has the authority to arrest the accused without a warrant and to start an investigation with or without the permission of a court. Otherwise police does not have the authority to arrest the accused without a warrant and an investigation cannot be initiated without a court order.
2.If an offience is bailable, police has the authority to release the accused on bail on getting the defined surety amount along with a duly filled bail bond at the concerned police station. Otherwise arrested person has to apply for bail before a magistrate or court
3. If an offence is compoundable, a compromise can be done between the accused and the victim, and a trial can be avoided. Otherwise, No compromise is allowed between the accused and the victim except under certain situations, where the High Court or the Supreme Court have the authority for quashing a matter.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- False advertisement by builder what action can I take
- Wife filed for divorce on false grounds, I do not want divorce. Advise
- Property jointly owned by husband can I claim share after divorce
- Mal practices of doctors..criminal offences punishable under IPC
- Massive sound pollution from A/C machine what legal action can I take