How to Change your Name in CBSE Mark sheet or Certificate
Changes in your Name: If you want to make changes in your Name or Surname in any of your Certificate or Mark sheet in your 10th or 12th Mark sheet or any other Certificate, you can apply for Change in your Name.
Corrections in your Name: If you think there has been a spelling or typing mistake in your Name in any of your Certificate or Mark sheet in your 10th or 12th Mark sheet or any other Certificate, you can apply for Correction in your Name.
Procedure for applying for Change in Name/Correction in NameStep 1: Downloading & Printing the Application form given below and Take a printout of the Application form.
Step 2: Read the instructions given at the bottom of the Application Form and fill up the form carefully.
Step 3: Documents Required for making Corrections or Changes in your Name
- Admission form(s) filled in by the parents at the time of admission.
- The School Leaving Certificate of the previous school submitted by the parents of the candidate at the time of admission.
- Portion of the page of admission and withdrawal register of the school where the entry has been made in respect of the candidate.
- The Board may affect necessary corrections after verification of the Original records of the school and on payment of the prescribed fee.
Step 4: Fee to be paid for the concerned Documents
- Fee for Name Correction in Mark sheet/Certificate – Rs.500 (Fee of Mark sheet/Certificate Included)
- Fee for Change in Candidate’s Mother’s Name/Father’s Name/Guardian’s Name – Rs.1000 + Actual Cost of the Document
- Cost of a Migration Certificate/Provisional Certificate/Mark sheet or Statement of Marks – Rs.100
Documents Required for making Change in your NameApplications regarding change in name/surname will be considered where such changes have been permitted by a Court of Law and notified in a Government Gazette. In the event of Court of Judicature allowing the change of name of a candidate, the same shall be carried out by the Board after obtaining relevant documents concerning change of name published in an official gazette.
These guides are not legal advice, nor a substitute for a lawyer
These articles are provided freely as general guides. While we do our best to make sure these guides are helpful, we do not give any guarantee that they are accurate or appropriate to your situation, or take any responsibility for any loss their use might cause you. Do not rely on information provided here without seeking experienced legal advice first. If in doubt, please always consult a lawyer.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can my father write a Will without including any share for my wife?
- Clarification on judgment
- Did marriage in arya samaj mandir parents forcing girl to remarry
- My wife doesn't allow me to meet my son 6 year old how to get custody
- Company refusing to pay refundable security deposit