INDIAN KANOON SECTION 57 CrPC - Code of Criminal Procedure - Person arrested not to be detained more than twenty-four hours
No police officer shall detain in custody a person arrested without warrant for a longer period than under all the circumstances of the case is reasonable, and such period shall not, in the absence of a special order of a Magistrate under section 167, exceed twenty-four hours exclusive of the time necessary for the journey from the place of arrest to the Magistrate's Court.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Compensation given under sexual harassment act, is it taxable?
- False 498A case running against me, will the judge favor my wife
- How to get spouse details for crpc 125 maintenance case
- Husband not living together and does not provides maintenance
- Wife has an extra marital affair, wants divorce.