INDIAN KANOON SECTION 57 CrPC - Code of Criminal Procedure - Person arrested not to be detained more than twenty-four hours
No police officer shall detain in custody a person arrested without warrant for a longer period than under all the circumstances of the case is reasonable, and such period shall not, in the absence of a special order of a Magistrate under section 167, exceed twenty-four hours exclusive of the time necessary for the journey from the place of arrest to the Magistrate's Court.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Safeguards for marriage according to hindu marriage act.
- Wife suffering with mental problem. can I file for divorce
- Harassment case against brother-in-law how to safeguard myself
- Salary not given by employer after notice - how to recover
- Sister being emotionally blackmailed by a boy and followed what to do