INDIAN KANOON SECTION 43 CrPC - Code of Criminal Procedure - Arrest by private person and procedure on such arrest
- Any private person may arrest or cause to be arrested any person who in his presence commits a non-bailable and cognizable offence, or any proclaimed offender, and, without unnecessary delay, shall make over or cause to be made over any person so arrested to a police officer, or, in the absence of a police officer, take such person or cause him 10 be taken in custody to the nearest police station.
- If there is reason to believe that such person comes under the provisions of section 41, a police officer shall re-arrest him.
- If there is reason to believe that he has committed a non-cognizable offence and he refuses on the demand of a police officer to give his name and residence, or gives a name or residence which such officer has reason to believe to be false, he shall be dealt with under the provisions of section 42; but if there is no sufficient reason to believe that he has committed any offence, he shall be at once released.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- What to do if I dont have a proper moola patram
- wife has filed dowry case in india and i am in usa
- property in the name of minor. Is minor entitled for division share?
- Signed one year contract and left the company in two weeks
- lost hands in electric shock 10 years back, can i claim compensation