Wife is US citizen how can I get green card
My wife is a US Citizen and I am an Indian Citizen. We are planning to apply for a Green Card for me through marriage for me. Since both of us resider and work in India, is the process different than regular processing
If your USC wife could prove through documentary evidence that she is living and working in India on a long-term basis and is required to do so in the future, you may submit Form I-130 with the USCIS international field office located inside the U.S. Embassy in New Delhi. Note that it is up to the USCIS field office to accept the I-130 petition. If accepted, the Form I-130 processing time (usually 6-8 months) gets drastically reduced and you may be able to obtain the immigrant visa within 3-4 months.
Advocate Rabindra Kumar SinghChicago, USA
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Immigration Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Is revocation of a gift possible?
- Wife a Philippines national left husband along with child what to do
- Traning Institute to provide certificate - Is license needed
- How can i prove that my wife not willing to come my home
- Transfer the property to a family member.