quesWife is US citizen how can I get green card

My wife is a US Citizen and I am an Indian Citizen. We are planning to apply for a Green Card for me through marriage for me. Since both of us resider and work in India, is the process different than regular processing 

  • ansIf your USC wife could prove through documentary evidence that she is living and working in India on a long-term basis and is required to do so in the future, you may submit Form I-130 with the USCIS international field office located inside the U.S. Embassy in New Delhi. Note that it is up to the USCIS field office to accept the I-130 petition. If accepted, the Form I-130 processing time (usually 6-8 months) gets drastically reduced and you may be able to obtain the immigrant visa within 3-4 months.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Immigration Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Immigration lawyers in India

Similar questions

I have visited to UK for the past 5 years with my wife, as my…
My daughter was married 5 years back. Since then she is staying in US with…

What is the immigration process for Hong Kong? Kindly help and let me know any…

Sir I applied for student visa for may intake but yesterday I get refused letter…

Immigration Lawyers in India

Advocate Farhat Warsi Singh

  Sushant Lok Ph 2
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Geetinder Singh

  Lawrence Road
 Experience: 6 years

Advocate Rabindra Kumar Singh

 Experience: 12 years

Advocate Sameer Hussain

  SR Nagar
 Experience: 13 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly