US visa expired. I m still in India. How to apply for H1B visa or J1?
I had a H4 visa valid till 15th march, 2015. I came to India in august 2014 and did not visit USA till date. Now my H4 visa has expired. My husband is in US with H1B visa. Now i wish to change or apply for J1 or H1B visa. Will it be troublesome if i apply it here from India. What should i do?
The quickest and safest route would be obtaining H-4 Visa through the U.S. Consulate/Embassy in India using your Husband's H-1B valid non immigrant status in the United States.
Once in the U.S., you can always do a Change of Status provided you qualify for one.
The quickest and safest route would be obtaining H-4 Visa through the U.S. Consulate/Embassy in India using your Husband's H-1B valid nonimmigrant status in the United States. Once in the U.S., you can always do a Change of Status provided you qualify for one.
I hope this helps!
Advocate Rabindra Kumar SinghChicago, USA
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Immigration Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Date of birth differs in documents what is the procedure to change
- Got an offer letter. Due to delay in submission of ducouments, no job.
- Mother did not mention anything about her daughter how get property
- hindu marriage act about marrying fathers sister daughter daughter
- How much is Crpc 125-3 Punishment as i cannot pay maintenance amount