Uncleared credit card dues in Gulf.
My Husband was working in 2006 in UAE. His employer had taken some credit card on his behalf in Gulf he had assured that he would make the timely payment. My husband came for marriage in 2007 on one moth leave. During that period he received the call from his employer stating that his job has been terminated due to recession. After few month she started receiving call from the bank in Gulf about the unpaid dues. After coordinating with his employer in Dubai the payment was done. But after few years these people have started harassing and calls me in my office and use all offensive language .
Since your husband has cleared the credit card dues he is not liable to pay anything to the bank. The bank cannot file a lawsuit for recovery against your husband as he has paid the debt. You should record the telephonic conversation when you receive a call the next time. Take the conversation to the nearest police station and file a complaint for criminal intimidation. The caller and the person who sanctioned the call can be arrested and put behind bars. Supreme Court has come down very heavily on banks/financial institutions who employ recovery agents to harass and intimidate the borrowers. Do not accept your liability under any circumstances.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Immigration Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Flat owner's association objecting to construction of water tank
- how can i save myself from paying tax on a gift
- Right of the son on fathers property
- Can a document signed by me used against me in future?
- What to do if wife refuses to give statement in 1st motion of divorce?