quesJob in New york city. How much time to get working visa?

I am working in an MNC located in India for "XX" Project. Now the Client is ready to offer me a job in NYC. My current employer in India never accepts this proposal. I need quit this current company before I plan to go aboard. Let me know what kind of working visa i should apply for. If H1B is the best option, please explain me about the lottery (Random selection) and the processing time for this visa. Will they select my application if i have an offer letter from NY company? Also let me know when can I fly abroad?

• ansYes, H-1B would be the best fit for you provided you meet all the criteria for this visa.

Please refer my co-authored article/blog on H-1B random selection process:

http://www.visaserveblog.com/2014/03/the-h-1b-visa-dilemma-march-madness-could-bring-h-1b-sadness-by-david-h-nachman-esq-michael-phulwani.shtml

Offer from a U.S. employer is mandatory for H-1B visa petition submission. USCIS looks into the substance (such as the job offer and other requirements) of the petition after the petition gets selected in the lottery.

Once selected and the H-1B petition gets approved, you can travel to the United States 10 days before October 1st provided you get an H-1B visa stamped at the U.S Consulate abroad. Note that your prospective employer would need to apply for your H-1B petition on April 1st 2016 as the cap for this year is reached. Please touch base with your employer and start working on your H-1B petition preparation by mid Jan/Feb to avoid any last minute rush.

Please refer my co-authored article/blog on H-1B random selection process: http://www.visaserveblog.com/2014/03/the-h-1b-visa-dilemma-march-madness-could-bring-h-1b-sadness-by-david-h-nachman-esq-michael-phulwani.shtml

Once selected and the H-1B petition gets approved, you can travel to the United States 10 days before October 1st provided you get an H-1B visa stamped at the U.S Consulate abroad. Note that your prospective employer would need to apply for your H-1B petition on April 1st 2016 as the cap for this year is reached. Please touch base with your employer and start working on your H-1B petition preparation by mid Jan/Feb to avoid any last minute rush. Hope this helps, and best of luck!