quesImmigration to India

My friend was born in India. He has the birth certificate mentioning the name of the Indian hospital, where he was born, along with the date. Few years after his birth, he started staying with the family of his maternal uncle in Bangladesh, though his parents continued staying in India. As a result, all his education was completed in Bangladesh only.

Presently he is having his MBBS degree from Dhaka University. But his parents want to bring him back to India. As his parents are Indian citizens and he also has a birth certificate, issued by State Municipality, is it legally possible for him to acquire Indian citizenship? Just for your information, his religious belief is Hinduism.

  • ansAny person born in India on or after 26 January 1950, but prior to the commencement of the 1986 Act on 1 July 1987, is a citizen of India by birth. A person born in India on or after 1 July 1987 is a citizen of India if either parent was a citizen of India at the time of the birth.

    Those born in India on or after 3 December 2004 are considered citizens of India only if both of their parents are citizens of India or if one parent is a citizen of India and the other is not an illegal migrant at the time of their birth. When did he born in India? At present is he having Bangladeshi citizenship?

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Immigration Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Immigration lawyers in India

Similar questions

i am the intending immigrant currently on working F1 OPT, we are filing for AOS.…
Both my wife and me are indian nationals working in the USA. we are planning…
Hi... i am from delhi, i m doing mbbs course from here i have completed…
i want to know that is it ok to tell the interviewer that i might…

Immigration Lawyers in India

Advocate Geetinder Singh

  Lawrence Road
 Experience: 6 years

Advocate Farhat Warsi Singh

  JMD Regent Square
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Rabindra Kumar Singh

 Experience: 12 years

Advocate Sameer Hussain

  SR Nagar
 Experience: 13 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly