Immigration to India
My friend was born in India. He has the birth certificate mentioning the name of the Indian hospital, where he was born, along with the date. Few years after his birth, he started staying with the family of his maternal uncle in Bangladesh, though his parents continued staying in India. As a result, all his education was completed in Bangladesh only.
Presently he is having his MBBS degree from Dhaka University. But his parents want to bring him back to India. As his parents are Indian citizens and he also has a birth certificate, issued by State Municipality, is it legally possible for him to acquire Indian citizenship? Just for your information, his religious belief is Hinduism.
Any person born in India on or after 26 January 1950, but prior to the commencement of the 1986 Act on 1 July 1987, is a citizen of India by birth. A person born in India on or after 1 July 1987 is a citizen of India if either parent was a citizen of India at the time of the birth.
Those born in India on or after 3 December 2004 are considered citizens of India only if both of their parents are citizens of India or if one parent is a citizen of India and the other is not an illegal migrant at the time of their birth. When did he born in India? At present is he having Bangladeshi citizenship?
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Immigration Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Illegal use of a signed blank paper what can be done
- Email hacking case. Filed FIR against the Hacker. No action taken?
- Belgian national married to Indian citizen how to get visa
- Can sister claim the property in my name received through gift deed
- The tenants are not leaving and claiming the property as theirs