What is the procedure to file a PIL for violation of Human Rights?
I want to file a PIL in the Supreme Court against Human Right Violation in the current elections. What is the Procedure?
Procedure to File Public Interest Litigation:
A "Public Interest Litigation", is filed in the same manner, as a writ petition is filed.
In the High Court:
If a Public Interest Litigation is filed in a High court, then two (2) copies of the petition have to be filed. Also, an advance copy of the petition has to be served on the each respondent, i.e. opposite party, and this proof of service has to be affixed on the petition.
In the Supreme Court:
If a Public Interest Litigation is filed in the Supreme court, then (4) + (1) (i.e. 5) sets of petition has to be filed opposite party is served, the copy only when notice is issued.
Court Fees: A Court fee of RS. 50, per respondent (i.e. for each number of opposite party, court fees of RS. 50) has to be affixed on the petition.
Proceedings, in the PUBLIC INTEREST LITIGATION commence and carry on in the same manner, as other cases.
After filing of replies, by opposite party, and rejoinder by the petitioner, final hearing takes place, and the judge gives his final decision.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the General Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Denied scholarship although eligible what can I do
- Cheating husband. Financially dependent on him. How to go about it?
- How to recover token money from property dealer and cancel the deal?
- How to file a case against a person for cheating and misrepresentation
- Can I file a suit for damages against my ex wife for damages