Can Ghaziabad and Delhi NCR be treated as single city?
Under what circumstances 2 cities of 2 different states combine together? Can Ghaziabad and Delhi NCR be treated as single city?
Article 252 of Constitution provides as follows:
Power of Parliament to legislate for two or more States by consent and adoption of such legislation by any other State
(1) If it appears to the Legislatures of two or more States to be desirable that any of the matters with respect to which Parliament has no power to make laws for the States except as provided in Articles 249 and 250 should be regulated in such States by Parliament by law, and if resolutions to that effect are passed by all the House of the Legislatures of those States, it shall be lawful for Parliament to pass an Act for regulating that matter accordingly, and any Act so passed shall apply to such States and to any other State by which it is adopted afterwards by resolution passed in that behalf by the House or, where there are two Houses, by each of the Houses of the Legislature of that State
(2) Any Act so passed by Parliament may be amended or repealed by an Act of Parliament passed or adopted in like manner but shall not, as respects any State to which it applies, be amended or repealed by an Act of the Legislature of that State.
The National Capital Region Planning Board Act, 1985 was passed on 9th Feb, 1985 and notified on 11.2.1985. It states that State Legislatures of the States of Haryana, Rajasthan & UP have passed Resolutions under Article 252 (1) thereby giving powers to the NCR Planning Board to legislate for the specified regions of their states as regards land use and infrastructure development.
The Board comes under Ministry of Urban Development of the Central Government.
To answer your question we would need more details from you, as in what is the context in which we are seeking this clarification? Ideally, the answer is not in affirmative as Ghaziabad, while being part of Uttar Pradesh, is part of Delhi NCR wherein the NCR region was created for harmonized development of the region and to relieve some pressure on Delhi's infrastructure.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the General Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Cheque bounce case filed against me by unauthorised money lender
- Builder increased saleable area during possession
- Bajrang Dal shut down the church without any official order, advise
- Informal divorce causing hindrance in getting visa. What should i do?
- Not providing occupancy certificate.