Where does the property case jurisdiction lie?
My mother in law are 4 sisters and brothers and their mother. Her father passed away and they have a property in father's name.
Now the brothers are not giving any share to the sisters in the property. We and the mother in law stay in Faridabad and the property is in Delhi.
What case can my mother in law file and where should the case be filed? Delhi or Faridabad?
Assuming you are Hindus,
If your mother inlaw's father has died without a Will then,
as per Section 10 of the Hindu Succession Act, the property will devolve among all legal heir. The legal heir herein would mean mother, sister and brother.
Hence your mother in law and her sister and mother has right on the property.
It is suggested that mother in law and her sister should file suit for partition thereby demanding their portion of share.
Further along with the partition suit , they can also file application for injunction thereby restraining the brother's to sell the property.
With respect to your other query, since the property is situated in New Delhi, so the suit has to be filed within the jurisdiction of Delhi courts.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- No salary release after resignation What action can be taken
- Previous company not furnishing the experience and relieving letter
- What is Security Cheque
- What should be the security deposite, when renting an appartment?
- How to recover full and final settlement after resigning from company