want to divide property based on will after 20 years
There are 8 brother and sisters and the will was made while mother was still alive but it was not divided according to the will and it kept pending till 20 yrs. Now one wants to give their share as gift deed to other brother. what are the procedures?
Is your mother alive? If she is no more then the contents of the WILL will take effect. Family settlement deed can be entered into by brothers & sisters and have it duly stamped and registered. Relinquishment deed can be executed in favour of other legal heir or any legal heir can execute registered gift deed in favour of any other legal heir.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- FIR lodged against me for hitting a guy with my car
- Soil stolen from my field what legal action can I take ?
- Tenant not leaving the house staying there for 12 years what to do
- Builder cancel the project and not returning the my money back
- Partner of a firm started another firm with similar name. What to do?