Sister committed suicide because of husband & family
My sister got married in 2004, conceiving pre-marriage after a relationship of 4 years and was a victim of domestic violence. She committed suicide in the year 2009 claiming her husband and his family members' name in the suicide note. We didn't take any legal action considering the kid will be parent-less.
She also mentioned in the note that she wanted her daughter to be handed over to her father. So she was staying with us. Now, after 3 years, his father wants his daughter back and took her without informing my father.
Now we realize that they shouldn't have been spared so can I show the suicide note now and file a case against him and his family?
When your sister died, you should have immediately lodged a police complaint against your brother in law for abetment of suicide. Based on the suicide note, he would have been hauled up and arrested. He would not have got the custody of the minor child. File a police complaint under section 306 of the IPC with local police station.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Status of title to property
- Company refusing for final settlement & work experience certificate
- Different names in same person's mark sheets.
- spelling mistake In surname in 10 and graduation marksheet
- Stopping of show cause notice of dismissal from service