Share in Joint property of three brothers
We are three brothers and one of our brother is residing in a flat which was owned by my father who expired last year without any will.He does not allow us to share that neither want to give us our share.He does not listen to anyone. What options are there legally to get our due from him.what are the steps.plz explain step by step.Is there any provision that we can get our share if he is adamant to do that.How much time will this whole process take Ur genuine and experienced replies are awaited.Thanks in anticipation.
If your father died without a Will then the property will devolve against all Class I legal heir I.e your mother,sister and brothers.
The remedy available with you is to file suit for partition thereby demanding your share.
Further you can file application of interim stay thereby restraining him to sell property.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Getting the booking amount back.
- Need to build bridge to access my property but neighbor not allowing
- Husband stopped maintenance. Next date after 3 months. What to do?
- Clients harassing me to handle their trading account
- If nikah is done by an unregistered qazi what is the validity?