Property Partition between brothers
We are two brothers & two sisters. My father & mother had purchased property jointly in their name 20 years back. Now my father expired interstate without leaving any will, my mother is co-owner & she got her name in all the property documents. My sisters & mother wants to relinquish all the property rights . They want to give this all property to both brothers equally. Now when i asked my brother for voluntary partition he is not agreeing & he is giving me small piece of land only for house construction. All papers are in my mothers name as co owner with my fathers name. Due to this my sisters & mother are upset & they want some legal solution to partition this property equally among two brothers
Your brother is entitled to get 1/5 share in your father 50% share and Notional partition share also would be devolved between the family members as per the succession. You have to get Release Deed form your mother and sisters with respect to another 50% share of the your mother. Your father share would be devolved automatically between all the family members as per the law of succession
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Hindu widow's rights in first husband property if she remarried
- Will tax be added on withdrawal of money from tier 2
- Father died intestate how can i get share of property.
- Basic facilities not provided and delayed salary. What legal remedy?
- Booked a plot in Noida. No development till date. What to do?