prohibited relations under special marriage act
I got this relationship under prohibited relationships as per Special marriage act 1954. "Father's brother's daughter". I need explanation on this. Whether father's brother should be own brother or could be cousin brother also ? Please help me.
Father's brother's daughter will be your sister. Whether it is Father's own brother's daughter or father's cousin brother's daughter, the relationship is sister only and comes well within prohibited degree of relationship.
Both the relationships fall under prohibited degree of relationship.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Want to buy a property in 3rd party name and then buy from him
- Can I take divorce on the grounds of living seperately
- Aunty by cheating registered her name in tax papers of property.
- Is divorce not necessary if marriage not registered?
- Seeking divorce from husband and custody of my children