prohibited relations under special marriage act
I got this relationship under prohibited relationships as per Special marriage act 1954. "Father's brother's daughter". I need explanation on this. Whether father's brother should be own brother or could be cousin brother also ? Please help me.
Father's brother's daughter will be your sister. Whether it is Father's own brother's daughter or father's cousin brother's daughter, the relationship is sister only and comes well within prohibited degree of relationship.
Both the relationships fall under prohibited degree of relationship.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Declined offer letter can I face any legal action
- Structural deficiency caused in building of flats can we file a case
- How to check photo copy of notary is fake or real?
- How to file a case against builder for delay in possession of flat
- can a Hindu marry a Muslim girl without divorcing her Hindu wife?