quesNecessity to disclose pending cases while applying for PR and visa?

I live in India, I am applying for Permanent residence for Canada under Federal skilled worker category, I filed divorce case 2 year before and case is running. My wife filed 3 cases : (1) Case that she wants to live with me (2) transfer divorce case to her city of residence , and (3) section 125.


My 4 years son is living with her. All cases are running. Should I attach all cases with my PR and Visa application? Can I have any objection for PR and Canada visa due to these cases?


Can my wife create any problem to me or my parents living in India during or after PR and Visa procedure?


  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ans


      The matter is Civil in nature and normally in VISA application, you are not required to mention the same. However, if the same is asked in your application, then we suggest you to mention the detail of case.


      Further, yes your wife can create a problem for you and for your parents. She can file a criminal complaint under Domestic Violence Act and Section 498A. Also, if Interim maintenance order is passed by Court under Section 125 application, you would be liable to pay the said amount. In case you fail to pay the amount she can execute the order and you can also be arrested by police.


      Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


    • Apply for Canada immigration with the help of experienced immigration lawyers
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • IPC Section 125 - Waging war against any Asiatic Power in alliance with the Government of India
    Consult best Family lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    We are 3 brothers. Parents have 2 houses in delhi. One house already been given…
    Hi Sir/Maam, I have a question, Me and my girlfriend wants to be together and…
    Respected authority, Legally valid marriage was solemnized on July, 16th, 2005 at Delhi between Geeta(hindu)…
    Hello sir ..iam.in big confusion. Plez solve my problem.humara family buiness hai jo ki mare…

    Family Lawyers in India

    Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

      Shree Ram Nagar
     Experience: 11 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    Advocate Ayantika Mondal

     Experience: 8 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly