Necessity to disclose pending cases while applying for PR and visa?
I live in India, I am applying for Permanent residence for Canada under Federal skilled worker category, I filed divorce case 2 year before and case is running. My wife filed 3 cases : (1) Case that she wants to live with me (2) transfer divorce case to her city of residence , and (3) section 125.
My 4 years son is living with her. All cases are running. Should I attach all cases with my PR and Visa application? Can I have any objection for PR and Canada visa due to these cases?
Can my wife create any problem to me or my parents living in India during or after PR and Visa procedure?
The matter is Civil in nature and normally in VISA application, you are not required to mention the same. However, if the same is asked in your application, then we suggest you to mention the detail of case.
Further, yes your wife can create a problem for you and for your parents. She can file a criminal complaint under Domestic Violence Act and Section 498A. Also, if Interim maintenance order is passed by Court under Section 125 application, you would be liable to pay the said amount. In case you fail to pay the amount she can execute the order and you can also be arrested by police.
Kindly contact us for any further details and action.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
- IPC Section 125 - Waging war against any Asiatic Power in alliance with the Government of India
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Daughter's right in ancestral property
- Parents maintenance under Section 125 IPC Indian Kanoon
- What documents or legal process do I need to sell a society flat
- Case pending for final argument no evidence of HUF property any advice
- Issued cheque before now accounts are closed due to his death