quesMy dad wanted dowry and now causing DV to family.

I am working in Army as an Officer. For better understanding of the matter, I have narrated events occurred in chronological manner in subsequent paras. 1. During my marriage my dad wanted dowry which I opposed, from there problem started. He started abusing my mother, wife and her family. 2.Last year he again threatened my mother and brother and warned them from attending my sons baptism function. He also opposed my brothers' marriage at the same time and started living with his brothers. My self and my mother supported my brother and conducted his marriage(on 25 nov 2013) in the presence of entire family and friends. My father skipped all functions deliberately. 3. On 24th nov 2013, my father had written a letter to Defence Minister, Chief of Army and my Commanding Officer to throw me out of the army. 4. On 29th Nov he along with his 3 brothers attacked and started thrashing my mother. We called police. In that scuffle they got hurt. 5. I filed FIR against all of them meanwhile they also filed counter FIR and again wrote to Defence Minister, Chief of Army and my Commanding Officer . They also approached one organisation to write against me and they also written to same people. 6. My mother approached court for protection and maintenance. The court ordered my father and his brothers to refrain from entering into our house. 7. Now for one year there were no developments. I have not received any summon from the court. 8. Presently I am in NSG and was part of Republic day functions for VIP security. On the final day I was denied to attend since there was a FIR filed against me. 9. Now may request you to advice me on how to take out FIR against me and how to proceed over the case.

  • ansWhat are the allegations made in FIR? You can move high court for quashing FIR The Supreme Court has held that the High Courts can quash an FIR against a person if it did not prima facie disclose any offence. Ordinarily criminal proceedings instituted against an accused must be tried and taken to logical conclusions under the Criminal Procedure Code (Cr.P.C.) and the High Courts should be reluctant to interfere into the proceedings at an interlocutory stage.

    However, if upon the admitted facts and the documents relied upon by the complainant or the prosecution and without weighing or sifting evidence, no case is made out, the criminal proceedings instituted against the accused are required to be dropped or quashed.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Family lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hello. Interim Maintenance (S. 24, HMA) in favor of wife was recently ordered. However, the…
I and my bf registered our marriage 2years before but for some family issue we…
A girl child adopted by X in 1950 that time X don't have any child…
To withdraw a case on me which my friend husband on put me intentionally ,…

Family Lawyers in India

Advocate J. P. Rinwa

  High Court
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Adovcate B. Srikiran

 Experience: 6 years

Advocate Sadanand Naik

  Gandhi Nagar
 Experience: 12 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly