My bhabhi controls the house and even hits me and my mother often
My bhabhi abuses us a lot and even hits me and my mother very often. My brother is stuck between her and us. Our house is in the name of my parents. Can my bhabhi claim any stake in the property if my parents ask her to leave the house?
In your situation,
Your mother should file a complaint in the women's cell regarding the physical abuse from her daughter-in-law.
You mother can also file a case of domestic violence against her daughter-in-law.
Regarding the share in the property,
The wife in not entitled to the share in property of her husbands parents.
She can only claim the share in her husbands property.
Click here to find the best Civil lawyer in your city.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Soil stolen from my field what legal action can I take ?
- Can a relative file for quashing of complaints on behalf
- Can I get domicile of another state where my property is
- Maternal uncle sell my mother owned shop after her death want it back
- What is the procedure to apply for mutual divorce? Married for 1 year.