Mother dies without writing a will, what next?
My mother recently died without WILL survived by me (Only child) and my father.My mother was the sole owner of the house.My question is: 1) I want to sell the property do i have to transfer the ownership to my father by giving NOC from my side e.g i have no interest in the property and father can sold this property? If yes what is the procedure and how much time it will take.Property is in Delhi. Their is no dispute as im the only child
You can transfer your share in favor of your father by way of deed of gift or deed of relinquishment However I may inform if you plan to sell the house then there is no need to make your father as sole owner. Both of you can jointly sell the house as to make your father sole owner you need to unnecessarily fork out money towards stamp duty and registration fees.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Property gifted to elder daughter without consent of younger one
- Divorce done a while back how can we get a copy of it
- Harassed by alcoholic father what can I do
- Can the daughters claim the property against the will.
- Can i file a case if someone has hacked my whatsapp?