quesMother dies without writing a will, what next?

My mother recently died without WILL survived by me (Only child) and my father.My mother was the sole owner of the house.My question is: 1) I want to sell the property do i have to transfer the ownership to my father by giving NOC from my side e.g i have no interest in the property and father can sold this property? If yes what is the procedure and how much time it will take.Property is in Delhi. Their is no dispute as im the only child

• ansYou can transfer your share in favor of your father by way of deed of gift or deed of relinquishment However I may inform if you plan to sell the house then there is no need to make your father as sole owner. Both of you can jointly sell the house as to make your father sole owner you need to unnecessarily fork out money towards stamp duty and registration fees.