quesmarriage without parents permission

My girlfriend's parents have found out our desire to get married and they are not letting her return. Both of us work in Delhi. She stays in Bihar and right now they are not letting her come back. She has asked me to come there and help her escape. Can her parents charge me for kidnapping her? If yes then what are the safeguards?Both of us are 25 years of age.

  • ansHer parents can file a false case of kidnapping against you. However, as both of you have attained the age of majority there is no legal action which the police can take against you if the girl gives a statement to the police that she has come out with you with her own free will.
    As it is common knowledge that police in India ranks the most corrupt government departments the possibility of police being involved with the parents of your girlfriend is very high.

    In order to protect your rights you may move to the HC to seek protection from any kind of harassment by the police and/or the parents of your girlfriend. If such an order is passed by the HC the police will not even think of violating your legal rights.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Family lawyers in India

Similar questions

Is sending fake divorce notice to wife will count as crime? I am willing to…
my step dad recored my voice without my consent can that be used as an…
Sir, the person with whom i have relation have been registered an application for marriage.…
If my sister is mentally and psychologically harassing me everyday how do i seek help?

Family Lawyers in India

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Ayantika Mondal

 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly