×

quesMaintenance from wife's parents husband unemplyed

I worked earlier in Private Sector. Now I am totally unemployed. Presently I have the burden of my old parents who never ever employed, their old age treatment, expense of 4-5 legal case, daily needs/living burden & 5,000/- p.m. to pay my wife and having only my own parental very old home. My Wife’s father is retires from a very high position in Govt. sector. He have one son & one daughter i.e. my wife. My brother-in-law is well settled with his high profile job in Govt. sector. In this situation, is there any provision to claim maintenance from my wife’s father income.

• ansIn view of the fact that in spite of being unemployed you have unemployed old parents to support, you can request the court to reduce the amount of maintenance ordered to be paid by you. Such a request merits a serious consideration at the hands of court. You cannot claim any maintenance from your father-in-law irrespective of him having recently retired from a high position