love marriage against parents. Parents torture me. What to do?
hello sir i am 30 year old. i want to marriage with a boy who is working in bank with me ,but my parents not agree for this marriage because boy is not same cast of mine (intercast). i want to separate from them. because they tortured me physically and mentally .what can i do??
Since you are above 18 years and adult so you can live alone and take your independent decision.
If you dont want to live with the parents, you can simply leave the house and marry the boy.
For your and your boyfriend safety inform to the local police by sending a letter or personal visit
Since you are a major, you can marry a man of your choice and settle with him. If you feel you are financially stable and independent then you can separate from your parents too. You can also file a complaint before the court on protection of women against domestic violence Act against your parents so that they are stopped by the court to torture you. Be wise in making hasty marriage decisions as you would not want to regret later on.
Advocate Shikha PandeyGreater Kailash-1, Delhi
If the boy is also ready to marry with you, not to worry just go and tide the knot but for your and your boyfriend safety inform to the local police by sending a letter or personal visit and if there is any further problem plz go to court.
Advocate Ankur AggarwalUday Park, Delhi
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Husband not cohabiting nor providing maintenance.What to do?
- Whether handwritten agreement on stamp paper valid or not?
- Can daughter claim share in ancestral property
- Husband has drinking habit, he is harassing me and spoiling my kids.
- joint ownership of flat in name of father and brother how to get it