queslove marriage against parents. Parents torture me. What to do?

hello sir i am 30 year old. i want to marriage with a boy who is working in bank with me ,but my parents not agree for this marriage because boy is not same cast of mine (intercast). i want to separate from them. because they tortured me physically and mentally .what can i do??

  • ans

    Since you are above 18 years and adult so you can live alone and take your independent decision.

    If you dont want to live with the parents, you can simply leave the house and marry the boy.

    For your and your boyfriend safety inform to the local police by sending a letter or personal visit

  • ansSince you are a major, you can marry a man of your choice and settle with him. If you feel you are financially stable and independent then you can separate from your parents too. You can also file a complaint before the court on protection of women against domestic violence Act against your parents so that they are stopped by the court to torture you. Be wise in making hasty marriage decisions as you would not want to regret later on.

    Advocate Shikha Pandey

      Greater Kailash-1, Delhi

  • ansIf the boy is also ready to marry with you, not to worry just go and tide the knot but for your and your boyfriend safety inform to the local police by sending a letter or personal visit and if there is any further problem plz go to court.

    Advocate Ankur Aggarwal

      Uday Park, Delhi

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Family lawyers in India

Similar questions

Sir my sister has a flat on her name and her in laws are too…
I just want to give an advertisement in newspaper regarding my wife and son that…
Sir /Madam, We got married in 2015 Hindu. During her pregnancy period she was suffering…
Hi, My grandfather purchased a land many years ago. He died in 1995. The land…

Family Lawyers in India

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Dr.Gubbi S Subba Rao

  K G Road
 Experience: 31 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Ayantika Mondal

 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal advice easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly