Legal action against domestic violence by father
This case is about my wife. She is the eldest of three children of her parents. Her father has suspected that she is born out of some illicit relationship of her mother. So he has not taken any responsibility of her regarding education etc. He has meted out inhuman treatments to her, such as frequent beating , offering unhealthy food etc. He did not divorce her mother. Ultimately my wife was educated by her maternal uncle and maternal grandmother. The marriage expenses was also born by her maternal uncle. Her father has just done the kanyadan. Otherwise her father is a multi-crore businessman.
What criminal action can be taken against her father?
This is a domestic violence case and not criminal case. You need to ask your wife to claim her share in her father's property, file civil suit against her father.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Can I be with another man while my divorce case is pending ?
- Division of ancestral properties
- Wife asking for maintenance what should I do
- What documentation required for starting a drive in cinema for free
- Son torturing me and claiming share in my property What can I do