is not having a second kid a reason for divorce?
i want to know if it is only a husbands decision to decide how many kids is required for a family?
is it a reason for divorce if a wife is not willing to have a second kid because of the postpartum trauma underwent at the delivery the first time.
but the husband has been pressurizing and threatening for a second kid or else face a divorce .
does a wife have no say in such a matter?
There is no such right to decide the number of kids, in law. Its a mutual decision which needs to be taken by both husband and wife. No one can force upon you to have kids.
Secondly, this cannot be a ground for divorce. If your husband is forcing you, you can file a complaint in the women cell. Such behaviour of your husband would amount to mental harassment and sexual, depending on your situation.
Also, to pursue it legally its important to know, how many years have you been married? Also certain other personal details would be required to take the correct step.
- Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Get Started >>
Answers by Our Lawyers
- Brought land from a person now 3rd party is claiming that land
- How can I get a salary certificate of my husband
- Wife needs a divorce.
- Daughter-in-law's rights over in laws property if son is debarred
- CBI officer asked to reach Allahabad without citing any reason