quesI am disowned, can my son have a share in my father's property?

My parents have disowned me legally and do not allow me to enter their home. it is a self acquired property in my mother's name. now I am about to become a father. Will my child have a share in my parent's property and can be enter my parent's home or will he also be automatically be disowned?

  • ans

    Assuming you are Hindus,

    As you stated that the property is self acquired, then your parents can dispose off the property as per their wish and your son will be unable to claim share in there grandparent's property.But your son will have share in ancestral property, if there is any.

    Well, your child's right entirely depend on the discretion of his grandparents so far as their self acquired property is concerned.

    However, so far as the ancestral property is concerned he falls in Class 1 heirs under the Succession Act and can claim his share.

    If the house in which your parents are staying in is an ancestral property then he very well has a right to enter and should avail his right, being the grandchild, however, if its your parents self acquired property then his grandparents as per their wish can debar him.

    One should however, always make sure that the disownment is valid i.e. the procedure was duly followed and was free from any sort of Undue influence , coercion etc.

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Family lawyers in India

Family Lawyers in India

Advocate Vishal V Birajdar

  Andheri West
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Namrata Jayakar

 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Richaa Kapoor

  Delhi High Court
 Experience: 25 years

Advocate Karunasish Chakraborty

  Old Post office street
 Experience: 27 years

View all >>

How it Works

Know how LawRato makes legal easier and effortless

Ask a Free Question

Post a question and get free advice from multiple lawyers

Talk to a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly