quesHUF rights of a married daughter.

My father left a property & lot of investments in name of his HUF. He did not mention anything in his will regarding HUF estate. Do married daughter has right in the so called HUF estate? How much? My brother is not ready to give a single rupee from it. He has redeemed all investment & purchased many properties in his name from it. My mother has disowned me from her property. What can I do? Is there any hope of getting share from the 'HUF estate'? How much time can it take? How much will be my expenses?

• ansA daughter has an equal and indefeasible share in the property of HUF. Her share is equal to that of a male. Since your father did not make any provision for the HUF property in his will you are entitled to an equal share in it. You may file a case for property division in the court and cull out your equal share in the property if your brother is not honoring your rights. Judicial system is meant to safeguard the rights of people. The courts will not disappoint you if you can prove that you have a right in the property.

In terms of the will of your father the shares which have been given to you belong exclusively to you. As such, your brother cannot claim any right in the shares which have been allotted to you by your father. You are and will remain the sole owner thereof. It will not be distributed between you and your brother. Coming to the expenses of the litigation, it is your lawyer alone who will be able to tell you what his legal fees will be.