queshow to stop father from illicit relationship

My father has illicit relationship with another woman and when I and my brother tell him to get back to normal ways by refraining from such activities he misbehaves with me, verbally abuses and even threatens to kill me and harm me and my brother. He even refuses to give our pocket money. What step should we take?

• ansYou can file case under DV Act against him for threatening to kill,etc. You may seek protection, prohibition, maintenance, even a separate residence. You and your brother may file complaint against him in police. You and your brother can also file an application under section 125 Crpc to get a maintenance order.You have not mentioned about your mother so that we can advice you how to deal with the illicit relationship he has with another woman.